Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thoughts on Almond-Crusted Tilapia

Okay, as promised. I said I would come back and give my thoughts on the Almond-Crusted Tilapia recipe that I posted yesterday from allrecipes.com. It is delicious. I finished dinner right before 6 so I didn’t feel guilty sampling the fish since I am suppose to stop eating at 6. Anyway, I made a few changes. Instead of using Parmasean (which I thought I had in the fridge) I used low fat cheddar cheese. Since I cooked 8 fillets I ran out of the almond cheese mixture, so I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs for the last 3 or so fillets. Also after sautéing the first 4 fillets in the pan, the butter disappeared. So for the rest of the fillets I used 3 tablespoons of olive oil. The next time I make this I will either crush the almonds to a fine powder or save time and use the bread crumbs. I loved the almonds however my youngest son didn’t care for it. I will also use either all egg whites or one egg and one egg white. In addition, I will use whole wheat flour instead of white flour. For my side dishes I prepared brown rice and a medley of vegetables (zucchini, squash, carrots and cauliflower). Tonight I plan to prepare a low-fat chicken lasagna recipe and I hope I can locate a good recipe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment