So what is the big deal with Handmade Soap and why should we use it?
Well, commercially made soap usually contains detergents, fillers, chemicals, petroleum, high animal fat content, and irritants. Thus making them less eco friendly and generally less expensive that impacts your skin and the environment in a less than desirable way.
Natural handmade soaps popularity is growing. Many people are beginning to discover the benefits of handmade, chemical free soaps. Handmade natural soaps are made with vegetable oils, have a high content of glycerin, and are better for you and the environment. In addition, no fillers or detergents are added for the sake of cutting cost and they are never tested on animals.
Benefits of Handmade Soap
• Are noted for healing those with skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema
• People who have sensitive skin or are hypoallergenic often times find immediate relief
• Most handmade soaps are made from vegetable oils, such as olive, coconut and palm
• Do not contain harmful chemical or fillers
• Has natural occurring glycerin (which is often extracted from commercial soap and repackaged in higher priced beauty products)
• Gives your skin the care it deserves. By the way, the skin is the largest human organ
• Bathing is gentle and soothing
• If stored properly, it can last twice as long as commercial soap
As you can see, using a bar of luxurious handmade soap makes sense. It is not only good for you and your skin; it is good for the environment.